Google for Communicators: Essential Tools and Tactics
April 7, 2014 | 8:30 – 11:45 a.m.
The National Press Club, Washington, D.C.
As a communicator, you are always looking for better ways to enhance your messaging, increase your outreach and measure the impact of your strategy. Google has a number of tools that you can take advantage of to achieve these goals and more.
Join PR News on April 7 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., for a half-day workshop that will teach you how to effectively leverage the capabilities that Google has to offer for your communications initiatives. You’ll get tips on how to develop content that increases your visibility in searches, make Google Analytics data work for you, spot trends that can affect your brand and leverage Google+ and YouTube to expand your brand’s reach.
Our trainers, Adam Singer, Analytics Advocate at Google; Amelia Burke-Garcia, director, center for digital strategy & research at Westat; and Adam Finch, digital and social media specialist at Westat; will provide firsthand examples of Google products at work and walk you through techniques that you can use to augment your communications approach.
You’ll learn how to:
- Develop compelling content that raises your search ranking on Google
- Obtain measurement data from Google Analytics that you can use to improve your brand’s outreach
- Use Google Analytics data to answer key questions about which content drives traffic
- Leverage Google AdWords to expand the reach of your messages
- Use storytelling with data to stand out on the Internet
- Make campaign launches more exciting and actionable with the Real Time Analytics tool
- Use Google Trends to put your finger on the pulse of the Web
- Develop and cross-promote content with YouTube
- Leverage Google+ and Hangouts to enhance your social media presence and improve search rankings for your content